Spring is upon us. Although we had some cold, windy and rainy days, next week seems to be sunny and warm. What am I suggesting you do this week? It’s a perfect time to go picnic. This post will have lists of delicious food to enjoy and peaceful picnic locations near DMV area. The best picnic food should be delicious and easy to eat. Sandwich, salad, and sushi can be one of the most popular menus among the Washingtonian. Although I have excluded sushi from the list for the health concern, because warm spring weather can easily spoil raw fish. Here is the list of food you can simply make at home and eat outside with your friends.
Sundried Salami Sandwich
– 1 French baguette, cut in half
– 1 lb hard salami
– Cream cheese
– 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
– baby arugula
1. Mix cream cheese and sundried tomatoes then spread it on the bread.
2. Nicely put salami on top of cream cheese.
3. Put healthy baby arugula on top of salami then place the top on.
Crunchy Asian Salad in Mason Jars (2 jars)
– 2 cups of chopped romaine lettuce – 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
– 3 cups of broccoli slaw – 1/8 cup rice wine vinegar
– 1/4 cup sliced cucumbers – 1 Tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
– Protein of choice! – 1/2 Tablespoon sugar
– 1/2 Tablespoon sriracha
1. Add two tablespoons of dressing to the bottom of the jars
2. Put all the vegetables into the jars
3. Add protein of choice on top of veggies
4. Shake it well before eating!
Sangria Blanca (4 servings)
-5 green grapes, halved – 3/4 cups white grape juice
– 2 fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced – 1/4 cup Licor 43 (Spanish liqueur)
– 1/2 peach, pitted and sliced – 2 springs fresh mint
– half bottle of dry sparkling wine
Where to go?
- Yards Park: Water St SE, Washington DC
- Marine Corps War Memorial: Arlington VA
- National Arboretum: 3501 New York Ave NE, Washington DC
- Gravelly Point Park: Arlington VA
Until next time,
The Food Connoisseur